On June 9, 2011 two friends and I went to a green smoothie girl presentation. It was very interesting. I became intrigued to learn about the benefits of the raw foods and learning how to improve my diet. The speaker taught us that if we would take 15 minutes a day to make green smoothies we would experience more energy, better digestion, and weight loss. She has a 12 step program, but I have not purchased the program yet to try it. I have to slowly work Adam into this. She encourages 60 to 80% raw foods and that will take some work for both of us.
So I have been doing making green smoothies since the class and I do have to say I feel so much better drinking a green smoothie every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I miss my cereal, but honestly I feel so much better drinking it. I do have more energy. My workouts feel even better like I can have more energy.
In my green smoothies, I use any types of greens and then I add fruits. Put some water, ice, agave nectar, chocolate protein powder someimes, and sometimes some fruits concentrate if my veggies are a little strong and ta da. Even Adam drinks them with me. I finally broke down and bought a new blender that Consumer Reports recommends and that my friends use. The Ninja Prep. I used it for the first time this morning and my smoothie texture was 100% improved and it wasn't watered down. My last blender would get stuck and I would have to add water and stir. By the time it was done it sure didn't have a Jamba Juice texture and the taste was watered down. I am so excited to use my new Ninja. Yay!!!! Who would have thought it would make such a difference.
If you are interested into trying the green smoothies go to greensmoothie.com.
Love green smoothies! Its how I get Gavin to eat more fruits and veggies. He loves his "milk shakes". I haven't branched out beyond spinach as my green source. What other things are you using? I've had some friends use Kale. I actually prefer them with the spinach over pure fruit smoothies. Also a big fan of agave nectar. I switched to that as a sweetener a little while ago for gavin's diet stuff and its amazing and versatile unlike honey. The thing I am loving about limiting Gavin's diet is that its taken all of the fatty, processed foods out of his diet and really gotten him onto a whole food diet. I haven't gone totally raw yet though. Have you ever tried a probiotic for your gut issues? I started Gavin on one this week and I'm thinking I'm going to do the same thing for myself. His is a RAW blend to avoid allergy problems. I might look into that blender. You still doing the oils? Is it essential oils? Do you really think there are differences with all this stuff or is it the placebo effect? I wish we lived closer. Move to Orland and Adam can work at the Walgreens here. hahahahaha!
ReplyDelete