Merry Christmas from Chicago! I had my first white Christmas! We woke up and looked out the window and everything was covered with a perfect layer of fresh snow. Beautiful!!! This Christmas was my first Christmas away from my immediate family, but it has been so fun to spend Christmas with Adam's immediate family.
While we ate our appetizers Kevin got out the Svagdricka, a Bostrom/Vance tradiational holiday drink that Tiffany had prepared. It kind of reminds me of homemade rootbeer.
Look at the beautiful table. Monica prepared a delicious dinner with their traditional Swedish dishes. The boiled sausage looked disgusting, but evcen Monica won't eat that. lol. She just preprares it for the boys to eat.
The Bostroms have connections because Santa dropped off presents for Christmas Eve. We each opened one present and found cool pajamas to wear for Christmas. The best were Nelva's Marvel Comics pajamas bottoms. Kevin supposedly is the Grinch in the family so he received Grinch pajamas.
Christmas morning came and I had to wait and wait and wait for everyone to wake up. I finally got out of bed and showered and got ready before everyone else came down. I am wearing my new pajamas from Santa. The Bostrom tradition is to wear them all Christmas Day. Before presents were opened, we all took our spots on the stairs for the traditional picture. Don't forget Casey, their favorite child, who yes is a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment