Monday, October 14, 2013

A Peak into the House Projects

 Adam wanted to make me a tv console for my birthday back in August, when we researched we weren't sold on one that we wanted and so I changed what I wanted for my birthday. I have been spending some time checking out home improvement blogs lately and I have admired the board and batten treatments. We decided we would apply it to our entry way.

We applied the board and batten, I painted the bench one color of yellow and ended up repainting it so it was more of a mustard yellow. Then I glazed the bench on the edges to add some character. It is amazing to me how much it changed the look of our entry way by making these changes.

We aren't done with the entry way yet, but I am happy with it so far. I am still researching to find the frames I want, then I will print our family photos to put in them, I might add some hooks to make it have a functional use, and I am hoping to make a bench cushion. I have been looking on more blogs through pinterest to decide what kind of cushion and I think I will use the fabric that is below and make the piping out of the blue like I did for my pillows. The bench cushion itself is pretty expensive so I have been looking for some deals for awhile now.
I had a friend over one night and we were talking about colors and how I wanted to make pillows, but I didn't know what color I wanted. My couch is a pretty color, but it changes color throughout the day. In this pictures it really looks red, other parts of the day it has more browns in it. She introduced me to a Sherwin Williams app that we could take a picture of the color of my couch and find colors that would coordinate with it. It was so cool! Then Adam and I headed to Home Fabrics and chose these two fabrics. I am so excited to add some different pops of color.

Thank you to my friend Nola for teaching me how to make pillows including how to make my own piping to add on. My pillows aren't perfect, but as Adam said on the board and batten, "If it was perfect, we wouldn't have done it ourselves." 

Lastly Happy Fall! I am happy to say we grew the corn, pumpkins, and squash in this project. I am sad to see my garden dying, but such is life. I hope you are all enjoying fun projects around the house just like we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment