Monday, October 14, 2013

Mr. Independent

 Greyson wants to do things on his own. We are practicing eating with utensils and he loves it! It really makes me happy to see the joy he feels when he can do a task. He will eat with the fork or hold up his sippy cup like we practice and he claps and shouts "Yay" all on his own. I love it!
The other day I smiled at Greyson across the room and he smiled back and then he did the baby sign language for eat, it made me so grateful that we have practiced signing! I just had to grab him a little snack and his needs were met within a minute.
 Greyson received this little play set for his birthday from his grandma and he loves it! His ultimate favorite is when daddy takes him out to play on it together. This little guy loves being outside. So we go on walks and check out the little things along the way.
 Greyson figured out how to scoot a little and go down the slide all by himself. It was the cutest thing! He went down and immediately started cheering.
 I love my little guy's smiles! He is a happy boy! Even when he has mishaps and falls down, he is quick to cheer up.
In the past week, Greyson has become more confident in his walking abilities. He walks further without falling and is beginning to prefer walking to crawling. With this confidence has come an entire day of bruising today. UGH! All day long I felt like we were running into bookshelves, tripping on the concrete, fell off the couch, and who knows how many other times he fell. I cringe every time, but I have to remind myself this is part of him growing up and learning. I am not sure if you can see the marks on his face, but he has several on his forehead, his nose, and above his lip. I tried putting DoTerra oils on the spots several times, so hopefully it helps his healing time.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone is bundled up! Don't miss the Idaho cold, but I DO MISS the Fall. Your home and front porch are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete