We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and I hope you did too! We drove down to Utah to spend the holiday with family. Of all the
things I am most grateful for, I most grateful for the family and being
to spend time together. Maybe this is because we don't have a lot of
family nearby that I feel this way or maybe I have always been this way.
My sister had us each write down what we were thankful for and then one
person read them and the group had to guess who wrote what. Adam
guessed mine right off. I guess I am predictable.
We spent one morning at Wheeler Farm with my sister and her family, my parents, and Adam's Aunt Denise. Greyson loved walking around the geese and ducks. I thought he would be scared since they were bigger than him, but he didn't mind.We walked around on the different paths and saw animals, tractors, and beautiful landscapes. Above he is walking with my mom and dad.
Greyson is sitting with his cousin in this picture. Greyson loves tractors now. He had a fit when he had to leave the barn that houses the tractors. His cousin's gave him a tractor that was being banished from their house and that has become his favorite toy.
My sister created a beautiful table and was able to seat all of us in her living room for Thanksgiving dinner. I wanted to take a picture with everyone sitting, but I forgot my camera in one room and was stuck in one spot until after the dinner.
We stayed at Adam's Aunt Denise's house. Greyson LOVED her dogs! He also loved her tupperware cupboard. He emptied it out as often as she let him. He would be content with a bowl or a Dixie Cup and a spoon.
We spent one of the evenings with Adam's extended family. We went to Temple Square in Salt Lake City, UT to see the beautiful Christmas display. We went on the first night the lights were being turned on and it was packed! The tree behind us looked so beautiful. A missionary standing nearby said it took 3 people 2 weeks to put the lights on that one tree.
What a beautiful view of the temple! As I looked at the temple that night, I just wondered what the saints would think if they saw the temple now. What beautiful architecture! Their hard work and sacrifices have blessed our lives and so many others.
Greyson was trying to touch the lights and see what they were. This Christmas season is so much fun with him! He loves our Christmas tree! If the lights aren't on he gets my attention and tried to tell me to turn the lights on until I plug them in.
Here is Adam's aunt and cousin.
We had such a wonderful weekend. Did you do anything fun during the holidays? It was so nice to have with us for a few days. Greyson loves spending time with daddy!



No comments:
Post a Comment