Saturday, March 3, 2012

Christmas Eve...okay it's a little late


Adam and I had told our parents our news of the baby, but we didn't tell anyone else until Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We were unable to go home for Christmas and so instead we spent it with my Adam's extended family on Christmas Eve and my sister and her family on Christmas Day. Santa comes to their home and I had the privilege to have him check me with the naughty or nice hat. Sadly it said I had been naughty and so I had to promise I would be better to receive my presents.

Adam and I had told our parents our news of the baby, but we didn't tell anyone else until Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We were unable to go home for Christmas and so instead we spent it with my Adam's extended family on Christmas Eve and my sister and her family on Christmas Day.

Adam designed t-shirts for Santa to give to his Mormor and Grandpa Vance saying in Swedish "I'm a Farmorsmor" which in English is "I'm a Great Grandma." As Santa was passing out the gifts he was teasing the whole family that we wanted a baby for Christmas. Little did he know that we were giving the t-shirts to our grandparents to announce to the family our news. There was crying and surprised looks from the whole room. Mormor had just been telling Santa she wasn't ready yet for great grandchildren so she was pleasantly surprised.


No comments:

Post a Comment