In May we went on a family reunion cruise to the Bahamas. We went with about 25 people. Adam's grandparents were so generous in providing the opportunity for all of us. THANK YOU! They set up airfare, rented a bus for transportation, and set up the cruise and provided an all expenses paid trip. Like I said, very generous! We had a wonderful time. We made sure not to set our expectations too high since we didn't know how Greyson would do with a week long cruise. He was a trooper and it wasn't until the day to travel home that he struggled the most. This kid has traveled in his 10 months than I did in my first 25 years of life.
 |
| My two handsome boys dressed up for our fancy dinner. |
 |
| Grandpa likes to be silly! He bought Greyson a mustache so they could be twinners. |
 |
| When we visited Keywest, FL we walked and walked to the Southern Most Tip of the continental U.S. and sheesh what a walk on a hot day. In my mind I pictured a beach with a monument and shops, but I was mistaken. It was the monument behind us with a long line of people waiting to take a picture. The beach behind it was fenced off and rocky. Not very exciting. |
 |
| We traveled on the Carnival Conquest. It's huge! This was my first cruise. On the top of the ship we had miniature golfing, basketball, a track, swimming pools, hot tubs, a slide, a huge chess set, and lots of deck chairs with people drinking and tanning. |
 |
| After Keywest, we went to Freeport, Bahamas. Greyson had his first experience in the ocean and on the beach. He loved playing with the sand and kicking in the water. We were surprised in Freeport to see pine trees. Yep. Lots of pine trees. |
 |
| Greyson loves looking at everything, but the camera sometimes. We had a wonderful day at the beach. |
 |
| White sand beaches and turquoise waters. Beautiful! |
 |
| Next we visited Nassau, Bahamas. We hired a tour van and had a better experience as we explored the island and learned of the history. What a fun place to visit. I was standing at the base of the Queen's Staircase. |
 |
| Greyson looks like a tourist for sure in this outfit! He is being held by Adam's mom, Farmor (Grandma in Swedish). Farmor bought him this colorful outfit. What a cutie! |
 |
| Our fussiest time of the day was the sit down course meals. Greyson got bored. Luckily he discovered spoons and made music to entertain himself. Spoons are so much better than baby toys! |
 |
| My handsome husband and I at dinner. We had a wonderful time. |
 |
| We tried amazing food and yes I gained a few pounds. Oops! Adam was more adventurous than I was. He had shark, frog legs, escargot, gator, and who knows what else. He was in heaven. |
 |
| The girls had pedicures one morning. Believe it or not my toe nails still look wonderful! My mother-in-law spoiled me and paid for me to have the pedicure. Thank you! Adam also spoiled me and got a couple's massage for my Mother's Day gift. My very first massage! He spoils me! Above is Adam's Aunt Denise. She seems more of a sister-in-law than an aunt. |
|
|
If you are still on this post, thanks for enduring all the pictures. It is so hard to choose between any and I still had so many more I could have shared. We had a wonderful time and yes survived a Carnival Cruise. The only dangerous thing we encountered, that I knew of, was a few deck chairs flying off to sea during a storm. Happy summer trips to all of you! We hope you have fun times ahead for you too!
Whew. That is one amazing trip. Wow. I am impressed. What a memory you will have and an experience to never forget. I cannot believe G did so well. You are training him well to be so easy going. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove your hat sis. where did you get it? Did you take pictures of Adam eating all that wierd food? Rylan wants to see the shark and frog legs:)
ReplyDelete